About the Rathkeale Community Council
The Rathkeale Community Council is a committee of volunteers elected by local people to:
- Advocate on behalf of the community and to represent it with the local authority and government bodies.
- Petition for financial and other support from state agencies.
- Maintain and make available facilities for the use of the community.
- Carry out projects which improve the lives and opportunities of the all the people in the area.
- Organise events of interest and benefit to the community.
- Campaign on issues of concern to the community.
- Fundraise in order to succeed in its objectives.
It organises, sponsors or otherwise helps with amenities, services and events such as the St. Patricks Day parade (the best attended in County Limerick); parish fundraisers; the playground and the Christmas lights.
Rathkeale Community Council Committee
|Vice Chairperson||Damien O’Grady|
|Vice Secretary||Richard Naughton|
Rathkeale Community Council Subcommittee and Program Directors
|Program & Role||Name|
|Community Employment Scheme Supervisor||Michael Hunt|
|Rathkeale Rising Challenge Director||Open|
|Tidy Towns Group Representative||Kristina Bako|
The Rathkeale Community Council Buildings:
The Community Centre, which is used for weekly bingo, card games, children’s dance classes, personal development classes (e.g. cooking, makeup, etc.), mother and baby get-togethers, keep fit classes, school concerts, fundraising events, An Garda Siochana’s Foróige program and community celebrations to honour notable achievements of local people. More >>
The Old Creamery. Its meeting hall is used by Scouting Ireland and "Wednesday Club" (a senior citizens group.) The gym is used by the Rathkeale’s acclaimed Boxing Club. Its industrial standard kitchen is used by the Meals on Wheels Organisation.
The Youth Space houses the Snooker Club, Youth Cafe, and Youth Club and is used for youth services such as personal development and games.
Page content provided by the Rathkeale Community Council.