Community Employment Project
The Rathkeale Community Council Development Association, a subsidiary company of the Rathkeale Community Council, manages and oversees the Community Employment (CE) Project. This employment programme helps long-term unemployed people to re-enter the active workforce by breaking their experience of unemployment through a return to work routine. The programme helps participants to enhance and develop both their technical and personal skills which can then be used in the workplace. Current openings can be found by searching for Rathkeale the Jobs Ireland website.
- Over 18 years of age, if a member of the Traveller Community and in receipt of a Department of Social Welfare Payment.
- Eligibility to participate on CE is generally linked to those who are 21 years or over for the Childcare, Health & Social Care Sections, and 25 years of age or over for all other areas.
- Applicants must be in receipt of an Irish Social Welfare Payment for 1 year.
- Applicants should supply suitable character references and complete a Garda Vetting Application Form.
Each Community Employment Project must make an application for union approval to two unions:
- Building & Allied Trades Union, Mechanics Institute, Hartstonge Street, Limerick. Phone: (061) 469889
- SIPTU, Connolly Hall, Lapps Quay, Cork. Phone: (01) 8794312
No CE participant can take work from any Full Time or Part Time worker in any of the areas that the project service.
A complete list of participants and their roles/jobs must be submitted to both unions for approval.
Letters of approval must be submitted with our application for rollover of the Project to the D.E.S.P.
Rathkeale Community Council Development Association
Rathkeale Community Council Development Association, a subsidiary company of Rathkeale Community Council, manages and oversees the Community Employment (CE) Project.
|Project Contact Details||Corporate Details|
|Rathkeale Community Council Development Association
|Company Registration Number: 331444
Company Date of Incorporation: 18-8-2000
VAT Registration Number: 6351444-B
Project/Department of Social Protection Number: 2019-10/17/4533/2
Project Management Committee Composition
|Name||Position on Board||Mobile No|
|Mr Noel White||Chairperson||086-3061073||Send Email|
|Mr Richard Naughton||Secretary & Delegated Management Responsibility for Project||087-3812210||Send Email|
|Mr Padraig Doherty||Treasurer||087-8349420||Send Email|
|Mr Joe Dunleavy||Treasurer||087-1301415|
|Mr Con Horan||Garda Vetting||086-8110797||Send Email|
The Project Auditors are Carey & Associates (Registration Number: CA1415605) of Newgarden, Lisnagry, Co. Limerick. Phone: (061) 372001
© June 2019 by the Rathkeale Community Council. Page content provided by Mike Hunt, manager of the Rathkeale CE Scheme.